Founded by Total in 2014, the Young Graduate program is an innovative initiative targeting young graduates from more than 30 countries in Africa in which we operate. The program is an opportunity for them to discover working life through a genuine hands-on professional experience while benefiting from international exposure just after graduating from university.
Total is then supporting the young Africans to enter the job market by enabling them to improve their employability. This program is a powerful evidence of Total’s commitment in Africa where we act as a responsible economic player.
A 18-month-course program with 12 months of expatriation
The Total Young Graduate program is a structured pathway that recent graduates follow over a period of 18 months. It includes two key phases:
- 6 months with a local contract in the country of origin: the young people receive training through Total jobs in finance, business or operations.
- 12 months of expatriation in another entity of Total in Africa or at the Headquarters in Paris to enhance the experience acquired during the first phase. This international step enables them to discover new horizons and to develop human and inter-cultural skills.
- From 2014 until 2020, more than 500 young graduates will have been able to benefit from this program.
The « YOUNG GRADUATE » PROGRAM
To benefit from it, you need to be:
- At least a Bachelors graduate
- A graduate with less than one year of experience and less than 26 years old.
- A native from one of the African countries in which Total operates.
- Geographically mobile
- Fluent in French and/or English.
How does the program work?
The young graduate spends 6 months in the Total affiliate of his/her country of nationality then he/she spends 12 months in another entity within Africa*.
Which kind of positions?
Positions are available in three domains: Finance, Commercial or Technical.
*depending on the results of the assessment done during the first phase.
Some key figures:
36 affiliates welcome Young Graduates
Nearly 400 Young Graduates have joined the program since 2014.
46 % of them are women.
+ 100 partner universities are in the program.
To apply for this Young Graduate program in your country of origin, go to the Total affiliate websites and follow the instructions indicated to do so.