Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Professional area : Operations Exploitation
Functional Discipline(s) : Downstream Processes
Country : USA
Area : NORTH AMERICA
Employment Type : Regular position
Experience Level Required : 3 - 6 years, 6 - 10 years, More than 20 years
Place of work : LA PORTE-LA PORTE PLANT(TX-USA)
Business segment : Refining & Chemicals
Collaborate with production engineers and other support functions to resolve short, medium and long term reliability issues for the operating units. Proactively optimize raw material usage, catalyst productivity, availability, and quality performance in an effort to meet plant profitability objectives. Develop and organize with product scheduler and production engineers to determine optimum product wheel for each production train. Develop and organize small-scale projects to improve unit operations.
- Loss control activities include: Understanding, supporting and compliance with all plant policies, procedures and applicable regulations; conducting applicable Loss Control Challenge activities, including inspections and audits as assigned; completion of assigned Loss Control action items; and completion of regulatory and other required training.
- Share responsibility for the safety and efficiency of plant equipment and processes by responding to Safety Improvement Recommendations, implementing adequate equipment monitoring, facilitating PHAs as directed by the PHA steering team, developing and maintaining safe operating procedures, promoting and using MOC.
- Proactively collaborate with members of the operations group and other departments, to resolve daily operations problems. Originates ideas and support program to improve the production, product quality, monomer utilization, and energy consumption. This includes leading and participating in Quality Improvement Teams, as well as the proposal and implementation of various improvement plans with associated documentation and follow-up required.
- Take action as required for safe and efficient handling of projects delegated by the Process & Technology Superintendent. Such actions include supporting and leading investigations, providing consultation, specification of purchasing materials, and completion of Management of Change requirements, training Operations personnel, developing operating procedures and facilitating their implementation.
- Coordinate industrial trials for new product development. This includes working with the research group to define the project, completing any necessary modifications to the process, developing trial run procedures, training operators and monitoring the safety and results of the trial 24 hours per day.
- Organize communication and actions with Technical Service and R&D plant support to resolve complex quality and operational issues. Participate in resolution of customer claims whose complexity is beyond the scope of production engineering.
- Support site efforts related to the Availability Project and the Cost Savings Plan initiative.
- Develop and follow operating procedures necessary to maintain the site’s ISO 9001 certification.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering.
- Communication and persuasion skill.
- 3-5 years of engineering experience in a plant or refinery.
Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer / affirmative action employer (minority/female/veterans/disability).
All applicants will be notified of their eligibility/ineligibility