Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Professional area : Operations Exploitation
Functional Discipline(s) : Downstream Operations
Country : USA
Area : NORTH AMERICA
Employment Type : Regular position
Experience Level Required : 0 - 3 years, 3 - 6 years, 6 - 10 years, More than 20 years, 10 - 15 years, 15 - 20 years
Place of work : CHANNELVIEW II-CRAYVALLEY PLANT(TX-USA)
Business segment : Refining & Chemicals
The Basic Function of a Process Engineer is to provide technical support to operations, corporate, R&D, or any other group that needs unit information. Also troubleshoot, monitor unit performance, and provide recommendations to improve safety, profitability, and reliability of unit operations with respect to Total Cray Valley production units – Main focus on the Channelview facility.
- Monitoring of compliance with Environmental permits, ensuring reliable operation and on-spec product, search for problems that could prevent the ability to maintain capacity, and review production results and operator logs.
- Troubleshooting- Identifying and correcting potential problems
- Engineering calculations- Calculate pressure drops, size piping for small projects, perform heat/material balances, size/rate heat exchangers, calculate fluid properties, determine system volumes/residence times
- Mass/volume balance- Update spreadsheet for material balances and provide recommendations to correct mass/volume balance discrepancies.
- Make recommendations to Operations on: following safe work practices while maintaining quality, complying with environmental permits, ensuring reliable operation, making on-spec product, maintaining capacity, and increasing profitability.
- Support turnaround/maintenance activities such as: Chemical cleaning supervision, vessel inspection, shutdown/startup coverage, including revision/development of operating procedures, sample procurement, and recommendations for maintenance (exchanger cleaning, screen cleaning, etc.)
- Provide operations training for supervisors, technicians, and newly hired employees as required
- Support environmental department with emissions calculations and permit renewal
- Supply data to customers as required
- Assist groups with capital project design and installation
- Maintain working material balances for Channelview facility
- Understand, support, and comply, with plant safety policies and procedures, including the use of loss control software
- Candidate will have the following risk assessment responsibilities:
- Initiate MOCs as required
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis, PSSR, HAZOP, LOPA
- PHA/LOPA findings – develop/initiate plan of action for assigned findings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in petrochemicals or refining
- Chemical Engineering knowledge: Heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid operations, heat/material balances, chemistry, physics
- Computer knowledge: Use of spreadsheets (i.e. Excel), DCS control data historians (i.e. PI Process book), and be able to understand new systems as required by job function (i.e. SAP)
- Basic chemical engineering fundamentals
- Good problem solving skills
- Good physical fitness required for access on/into towers, vessels, and other equipment
- Travel to other Total Cray Valley sites may be required
- Work nights during turnarounds or other special circumstances where 24-hour technical coverage is needed.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required for interaction with all personnel/departments in the facilities and with vendors.
All applicants will be notified of their eligibility/ineligibility
Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer / affirmative action employer (minority/female/veterans/disability).